In the process of repousse, the tips of your tools, their shapes and their finish are what get transferred to your metal. With every hammer blow to your tool, your metal beneath changes shape and texture. Victoria Lansford and Fretz Tools have teamed up to provide the very best Eastern Repousse Tools to move your metal wherever your ideas take you.
These Tools Can Be Used for All Types of Repousse but Are the Only Kind that Can Be Used for Eastern Repousse
FAQs about Victoria’s Tools and Fretz
• These are the same quality tools Victoria has been making available since 2009.
• Victoria personally tests every single tool and makes any necessary adjustments by hand to ensure they are perfect.
• Victoria has worked with many tool manufactures in the past to produce her tools. Because the makers of Fretz Tools understand what perfect finishing is all about, having Fretz now produce her Eastern Repousse Tools means the quality remains excellent without her having to regrind them to perfection. This allows Victoria to keep them consistently in stock and available.
• These tools can be used for all types of repousse but are the only kind that can be used for Eastern repousse.
• The 8 tools in the set are all you need - and all Victoria uses - to create exquisite works in any type of repousse or chasing.
• There are 2 Line tools, 3 Push tools, and 3 Planishing tools. These can be used for the precise steps in the Eastern repousse process and for anywhere smooth, accurate tools are needed to create relief.
Never have to stop and make more tools!
• There is a tool shape in the set to fit into almost any relief space or type.
• These sets of tools have been replicated from Victoria’s own unique tools, specifically designed for the oldest type of repoussé.
• Each set has been precision crafted on CNC machines from high carbon steel, high polished, and heat treated to 50RC +/- to produce the necessary types of forging strikes in both shape and depth.
• Whatever your repousse technique, style, height, or level of detail, these tools will do the job.