Eastern Repoussé and Chasing video and eBook, part of the Metal Techniques of Bronze Age Masters instructional series
- The art of free hand hammering to achieve detailed sculptural relief is known as Eastern Repousse and chasing and dates back thousands of years to the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Scythians.
- Whether you desire to create low or high relief, or realistic or abstract designs, the process of Eastern repousse will give you total flexibility and control to achieve your goals.
- Learn the ancient techniques of Eastern repousse and chasing through 4 projects that take you from lines and texture through some of the highest most complex relief possible.
- Learn tool making. Victoria’s own tools have been replicated and are available for purchase as well.
A special “Conversation with the Masters” in which Victoria interviews her teacher, Giorgi Gogishvilli, and his teacher and father, Jemal Gogishvilli, discussing the recent history of the technique while they demonstrate working on a sculptural scale
- Purchase includes a downloadable e-book to keep the corresponding directions and step-by-step photographs on your bench, a membership to online Q&A forum with Victoria, plus a $10 off coupon on Eastern Repousse Tool Sets. (See the bonus video after purchase through Vimeo).
- 4 projects, varying levels of relief, tool making (optional), advanced information on cuff bracelets, alternative materials, and more
- Running time 5 hrs and 20 min. (Also available as a DVD.)
Learn Eastern Repousse and Chasing from the master who began the revival.
Victoria’s videos make even complex metal processes accessible to all levels of jewelry and metalsmithing students, who are familiar with silver soldering. Vimeo on Demand videos are available on any device that supports Vimeo, including Mac/PC, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, and more. Learn in your studio, on your sofa, or on the go. Videos are downloadable and can be watched from all your devices.
Whether you desire to create low or high relief, or realistic or abstract designs, the process of Eastern repoussé will give you total flexibility and control to achieve your goals.
II. Download the e-book
III. Supplies & Suppliers
IV. Tool Making & Pitch Bowl Prep
Steel Plates, Plasticine & Pitch Bowl Prep
V. Techniques and Projects
Basic Repousse Relief Pendant
Creating Higher Relief
VI. Further Discussion
Repousse with Bi-metal and Mokume Gane, Framing, and Cuff Bracelets
VII. Conversations with the Masters
Victoria interviews her teacher, Giorgi Gogishvilli, and his teacher and father, Jemal Gogishvilli, discussing the recent history of the technique while they demonstrate working on a sculptural scale.
A portfolio of contemporary Repoussé works by many artists, including Tom Muir, Nancy Megan Corwin, Valentin Yotkov, and Victoria Lansford.
Approximate running time 5 hours and 20 minutes. Encoded for all regions.
Bonus Online Q&A Support Forum: Purchase of the video includes membership to a dedicated forum for questions and answers, maintained by Victoria.