Linking Our Lineage: 12 Techniques from 12 Master Smiths
An Instructional eBook featuring tutorials by the 2015 SNAG Links Artists
All proceeds from the book benefit SNAG (Society of North American Goldsmiths). The contributors and editor have created this book as a fundraiser for the organization.
Linking Our Lineage: Volume 2 ebook is now available in the iBooks Store on your iPad or Mac for $12.99. (Access the iBooks store through the iBooks app on your device.) SNAG will be releasing a print version of this book in 2017.
Linking Our Lineage is an ebook of jewelry and metalsmithing techniques with chapters by Linda Threadgill, Sessin Durgham, Charles Pinckney, Deanna Pastel, Jennifer Jordan Park, James Binnion, Ezra Satok-Wolman, John Lunn, Ken Bova, Sarah Michaela Sitarz, Parker Brown, Tina Wiltsie, and edited by Victoria Lansford. Each piece featured was part of the Society of North American Goldsmiths, Links Project.
Table of Contents:
1. Sarah Michaela Sitarz- Layered Fabrication
2. Ezra Satok-Wolman – Micro-flame Soldering
3. Linda Threadgill – Fabrication with Cast Multiples
4. John Lunn – Mokume Gane Patterning and Chasing
5. Jennifer Jordan Park – Surface Treatments for Enamel: Foil and Spot Etching
6. Ken Bova – Narrative Collage Fabrication
7. Sessin Durgham – Forging Channels for Inlay and Channel Setting
8. Deanna Pastel – Champlevé – The Art of Etching and Enameling
9. Charles Pinckney – Titanium Lamination
10. James Binnion – Topographic Mokume Gane
11. Parker Brown – Making 18th Century Trade Silver
12. Tina Wiltsie – Riveted Frame for Setting Enamel
The processes illustrated range from beginning to advanced and are presented with over 190 color photographs and 3 videos. The links created and written about by each artist were part of the 2016 SNAG Links project, a recent fundraiser for the Society of North American Goldsmiths. All proceeds from the book benefit SNAG.