Eastern Repoussé and Chasing (DVD and eBook), part of the Metal Techniques of Bronze Age Masters instructional series
- The art of free hand hammering to achieve detailed sculptural relief is known as Eastern Repousse and chasing and dates back thousands of years to the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Scythians.
- Learn tool making. Victoria’s own tools have been replicated and are available for purchase as well.
A special “Conversation with the Masters” in which Victoria interviews her teacher, Giorgi Gogishvilli, and his teacher and father, Jemal Gogishvilli, discussing the recent history of the technique while they demonstrate working on a sculptural scale
- Included with purchase is a downloadable e-book to keep the corresponding directions and step-by-step photographs on your bench, and a dedicated online Q&A forum with Victoria.
- 4 projects, varying levels of relief, tool making (optional), advanced information on cuff bracelets, alternative materials, and more that take you from lines and texture through some of the highest most complex relief possible.
- Approximate running time 5 hrs and 23 min.
- Encoded for all regions
Whether you desire to create low or high relief, or realistic or abstract designs, the process of Eastern repoussé will give you total flexibility and control to achieve your goals.
II. Download the e-book
III. Supplies & Suppliers
IV. Tool Making & Pitch Bowl Prep
Steel Plates, Plasticine & Pitch Bowl Prep
V. Techniques and Projects
Basic Repousse Relief Pendant
Creating Higher Relief
VI. Further Discussion
Repousse with Bi-metal and Mokume Gane, Framing, and Cuff Bracelets
VII. Conversations with the Masters
Victoria interviews her teacher, Giorgi Gogishvilli, and his teacher and father, Jemal Gogishvilli, discussing the recent history of the technique while they demonstrate working on a sculptural scale.
A portfolio of contemporary Repoussé works by many artists, including Tom Muir, Nancy Megan Corwin, Valentin Yotkov, and Victoria Lansford.
Approximate running time 5 hours and 23 minutes. Encoded for all regions.
Bonus Online Q&A Support Forum: Purchase of the DVD includes membership to a dedicated forum for questions and answers, maintained by Victoria.