Beginning Russian Filigree – Starts October 30, 2023
Registration opens summer, 2023
Victoria will demystify the technique of Russian filigree (filigrana) from the basics of traditional fabrication to the intricacies of her own ground breaking work. Students will create several pieces of jewelry, including two pendants and a ring, using both time honored processes and Victoria’s accessible methods for learning how to achieve beautiful filigree.
This workshop is both technique and project based with many in-depth, super detailed, and high resolution 4K demonstrations as well as time for Victoria to coach students on wire forming and soldering. (Second device such as a cell phone required.)
- All demonstrations and live class recordings will be available for 30 days after the final class.
- Make your own perfectly milled and twisted filigree wire* with the aid of stepped-out wire examples from Victoria.** Students will also receive enough Russian Filigree Powdered Solder for the class projects included with the wire examples
- Discover how to use different types of frame wire to create distinct looks and how to form elegant filler wires in different styles of curves.
- Learn the secrets of nesting filler wires to achieve more interesting designs.
- Solder effectively with powdered solder to retain the elegant detail of the wirework.
- Tips for creating filigree in different combinations of gold and silver will also be explored.
- Develop your own unique voice through this exquisite technique.
*Making filigree frame and filler wire requires access to a rolling mill. If that’s not an option, you can purchase both wire types pre-made from [https://victorialansford.com/product-category/jewelry-tools-supplies/tools-supplies/](https://victorialansford.com/product-category/jewelry-tools-supplies/tools-supplies/)
**Filigree Wire Example Card & sample jar of Russian Filigree Powdered Solder $30. including shipping and available through Victoria’s website when registration opens.