Join me for this intensive, online workshop and learn to fuse sterling silver and 18K gold granules and wire in the manner of the ancient Etruscans, Egyptians, and Greeks. This straightforward method provides immediate gratification with very little clean up! Create traditional or contemporary patterns, while fabricating a pyramid and 2 rings.
The technique for wire appliqué and granules on sheet, as well as the ability to fuse metal before forming or soldering, provides endless opportunity for stylization and individual design. Victoria will present a number ways to achieve different patterns for a variety of types of jewelry.
You will have live interactive coaching to help you master fusing (camera or second device required) and have real-time help and answers while you practice, plus a day in between to work on the projects.
Watch the video to see what you’ll learn.
Wondering what is the difference between this live online class and my Granulation Demystified class on Craftsy’s platform?
- In this class you’ll create 2 ring projects: One is a small granulation sample soldered to a wire granulation shank. The other is a cluster granulation ring like Nebula II, the sterling ring with an amethyst (see the product gallery images above).
- The demos are all in 4K. The camera work is not quite as fancy as on the Craftsy class, but the resolution is super sharp and clear. You’ll have access to these 4K demos outside of class, so no matter what your internet connection is like or what Zoom does, you’ll be able to see incredible detail.
- The timing on soldering and fusing in this class is a bit more like real life (and less edited to fit Craftsy’s class formula).
- This class will not cover the trick for mirrored pairs of earrings.
- This class does cover corrugated wire patterns for shanks in more depth
- I demo how to weld granules with a Micro TIG welder in addition to fusing them, and I give an overview of how I incorporated that process to create ‘Majestic’ the gold and silver pyramid ring with the pink tourmaline on top (see the product gallery images above).
- The big difference: You can sign in with a 2nd device aimed at your bench, and I can coach you live on fusing your projects. I’ve coached this way many times since pivoting to online teaching, and it’s worked great for lots of students!
- Looking for more advanced granulation projects? I’m currently developing another granulation class for which this class, my Craftsy class, or a previous in-person granulation workshop from me will be required. The advanced class is planned for late 2022.
Can’t be there live? No problem!
- Each class session will be recorded and each student will receive a password protected link to the both the live class recordings and the individual detailed demos with access to everything for 30 days.
- You’re welcome to email me questions between sessions or after the class.