Victoria Lansford’s Eastern Repoussé Tools
In the process of repousse, the tips of your tools, their shapes and their finish are what get transferred to your metal. With every hammer blow to your tool, your metal beneath changes shape and texture. Victoria Lansford and Fretz Tools have teamed up to provide the very best Eastern Repousse Tools to move your metal wherever your ideas take you.
• These are the same quality tools Victoria has been making available since 2009.
• Victoria personally tests every single tool and makes any necessary adjustments by hand to ensure they are perfect.
• Victoria has worked with many tool manufactures in the past to produce her tools. Because the makers of Fretz Tools understand what perfect finishing is all about, having Fretz now produce her Eastern Repousse Tools means the quality remains excellent without her having to regrind them to perfection. This allows Victoria to keep them consistently in stock and available.
• These tools can be used for all types of repousse but are the only kind that can be used for Eastern repousse.
• The 8 tools in the set are all you need – and all Victoria uses – to create exquisite works in any type of repousse or chasing.
• There are 2 Line tools, 3 Push tools, and 3 Planishing tools. These can be used for the precise steps in the Eastern repousse process and for anywhere smooth, accurate tools are needed to create relief.
No other type of repoussé tool has the necessary shapes to give such precise control. The round stock is more comfortable to hold, and the tapered necks allow the user to see tool placement with greater accuracy. Because they are designed to be held near the neck, they fit any hand size, and there is a tool to fit into almost any relief space no matter how tight or deep. Whatever your repoussé style, height, or level of detail these tools will do the job.
The round stock is more comfortable and allows you to rotate the tool easily.
The tapered necks and tips let you see exactly where you place the tool, which gives greater control and accuracy.
Because they are designed to be held near the tip, they will work for any size hands.
These 8 tools in the set are all you need – and all Victoria uses – to create exquisite works in any type of repoussé or chasing. These sets of tools have been replicated from Victoria’s own unique tools, specifically designed for the oldest type of repoussé. Each set has been precision crafted on Swiss-type CNC machines from high carbon steel, high polished, and heat treated to 50RC +/- to produce the necessary types of forging strikes in both shape and depth.
Never have to make another tool to “fit that shape” ever again…
From Victoria: I’ve taught the technique of Eastern repousse and chasing to hundreds of people, and while some people very much enjoy making the the tools, most people just want to jump in and explore the technique. There have always been other sets of tools commercially available, but I’ve never found any that didn’t require a great deal of re-grinding to make them usable. I’ve also found that half the tools in the sets are often redundant and unnecessary.
After years of searching for a better way, I had my own tools replicated so that people, who don’t wish to spend hours at a grinder, can jump into moving and shaping metal right away. Because the high quality round stock steel they are made from is smooth and easy to hold, I now use them exclusively to create all my repoussé and chasing artwork instead of my original tools.
If you have questions please email Victoria (email@example.com)
Victoria’s Eastern Repoussé Tools are packaged in a reusable container, and guaranteed for 5 years under normal repoussé use.
Sold as a set only. Not sold individually.